Wednesday, September 29, 2010

shocked & satisfied

Good Day.

1. Today during english, Mr. V says the dreaded words, "I'm going to give you back your essays." No one really wants their essays back, none of us want to be reminded of how poorly we are doing and that our grades are low. I was slightly shaking (not being dramatic) then he calls me up. "Good work Blake, I'm impressed." WHATLDKJA??? I look down at my paper and he gave me a 6/7 (out of 9)it's hard for you to realize how satisfying that score is. The previous essay I got a 2/3 and felt good about that. The funny thing is that after writing that in class essay I was sure I bombed it and that he would be pulling me aside to tell me to drop his class. But that was not the case. I talked to him after class and he says I am a good writer and he sees moments of brilliance. Seriously I. Am. Shocked. I'm still rewriting the essay to hopefully get an 8 but a weight has been slightly lifted off my shoulders.

2. IT RAINED. IN CALIFORNIA. what???? People keep telling me how there are never good storms, and although today's only lasted like 5 minutes of actual heavy downpour, I was satisfied. The thunder was brilliant. I ran outside and just let myself get drenched, and I loved every minute of it.

3. I took a long nap. Not quite sure how it happened but I fell asleep on the floor in the family room...Whatevs a nap is a nap.

4. The only homework I had tonight was art. I love art, and I'm really improving. I don't know why but suddenly my work is getting more professional. I still have a lot to learn. NOTE: Using art pencils improves your work dramatically. Believe it. For some reason I was using a mechanical pencil for the last 2 years, how dumb am I. Its not that I didn't own art pencils, I just didn't use them. Never again.

5. I just got done playing a card game, Nertz (or Pounce) with a fun group of kids. I usually have tons of fun playing that game cause I usually am on the winning team. Whoever I got put with my lovely friend who is ADD and terrible at the game. It was so frustrating for me to loose, that sounds dumb but I'm very competitive, especially when it comes to card games. It's alright I'm over it haha.

6. I just spent 15 minutes looking through the many pictures from the Pow Wow. I love Bountiful High and I can't wait to come visit.

7. There's a rumor around school that California is supposed to have a 7.7 earthquake tomorrow. I don't know where that started cause they can't even predict earthquakes. It's funny cause whenever someone mentions that I get a little scared but people here just calmly say, "just have water around you'll need it." NBD. not. So this could be goodbye. hahaha who am I kidding probably just some stupid kid who thinks he's really funny started that.

8. I have a working camera. When I have a camera I take it everywhere and take way too many pictures. It's a little sad to think I missed a whole summer, a good summer, without a camera. Oh well ya can't live in the past.

9. A lot of friends texted me today.

10. Tomorrow I have only my easy classes. Score.

(The last two were lame I just wanted to get to 10 haha)

No comments: