Wednesday, September 8, 2010

annotate this picture

AP LANGUAGE BOOK:
Annotate, annotate, annotate. In my past english classes this word was never mentioned. Lucky for me that's practically all I do now in english; annotate an article, make a claim, write a timed essay. It's pushing me which is good but the teacher scares me a lot. This was the assignment today in class:

PROMPT: Pick a position on texting as it relates to technology and/or language in the 21st century. You must use 1. Logic [cause & effect]
2. Historical Allusion [3, from 3 different centuries]
3. 2 successive Rhetorical Questions
4. Analogy
5. Juxtaposition
6. Tone
That's it, you have ten minutes to argue your position and all 6 things must be present in your paper. GO
WHA?? That was hard for me. Luckily he was "easy on us this time" and we get to take it home and acutally rewrite the pathetic piece we attempted to write in 10 minutes.
Although we won't be so lucky in the future. He says he usually does a couple of these a week. And any term from the glossary is fair game for us to know how to use. Difficult, I think yes. haha
I'm sticking with this class because although I can't do this yet, I want to be able to. So I'm totally scared but kind of excited!

FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS:
I've gotta pretty good at making sweet friendship bracelets. At La Canada High School every class has a Theme and they get shirts that go along with their theme. The Junior class is "Jammin Juniors" using the jamaican colors. I thought it would be a brilliant idea to make
bracelets in these jamaican colors and sell them to only Juniors. The only problem is they take me forever to make. I'm almost down with 2 so we'll see how this goes!
41570_126069347441850_7430_n.jpg

SWEATSHIRT and BLANKET:
These past two days have been "cold" in California standards. California Cold= no sun, and 65 or lower.
I personally think this rainy weather is lovely and I'm only slightly phased by the "cold". But if you know me you know
I take any chance I can to be wrapped in a blanket and in a huge sweatshirt so naturally I am doing both.

Well my friends. Good day. I feel like I got a lot accomplished today.
#1. Switched OUT of my AP Calculus class and into AP Stats. I couldn't decide if I should make the switch but once my teacher started teaching the material by reading out of the book I was sooo out of there. That is not the way I learn.
#2. Had a quick audition with the choir teacher and was bumped up to Concert Choir! YAY. Now I'll be in a class with boys and girls my age.
#3. Showed my art teacher some of my sketches and was switched into Advanced Art 2! Go team.
Besides the tons and tons of homework, things are looking good.

Things to look forward to this weekend:
Thursday: Football Game
Friday: Assembly. watching Percy Jackson with Eliza and Morgan, and possibly the witch house
Saturday: SPENCER AND KATE COME HOME. yay yay yay yay yay. Act practice test...not so yay. Party that night...we'll see how that goes.
I'm sure you were all very interested in that little agenda. Well that is all for now.

4 comments:

Allison Paige Blake said...

same here with the whole annotate word. used it five billion times already.

Maryn said...

holy flip! that bracelet is amaaaazing!

Laur said...

Gosh, you are so cool.
(that was not sarcastic at all, I'm being genuine) I think you are soooo cool

JuneyB said...

YAYAYAYA. I'm so glad things are lookin up. AND OF COURSE YOU MADE CONCERT CHOIR AND ADVANCED ART. duh. I could have told you that forever ago.

LOVE YOU.