1. Today during english, Mr. V says the dreaded words, "I'm going to give you back your essays." No one really wants their essays back, none of us want to be reminded of how poorly we are doing and that our grades are low. I was slightly shaking (not being dramatic) then he calls me up. "Good work Blake, I'm impressed." WHATLDKJA??? I look down at my paper and he gave me a 6/7 (out of 9)it's hard for you to realize how satisfying that score is. The previous essay I got a 2/3 and felt good about that. The funny thing is that after writing that in class essay I was sure I bombed it and that he would be pulling me aside to tell me to drop his class. But that was not the case. I talked to him after class and he says I am a good writer and he sees moments of brilliance. Seriously I. Am. Shocked. I'm still rewriting the essay to hopefully get an 8 but a weight has been slightly lifted off my shoulders.
2. IT RAINED. IN CALIFORNIA. what???? People keep telling me how there are never good storms, and although today's only lasted like 5 minutes of actual heavy downpour, I was satisfied. The thunder was brilliant. I ran outside and just let myself get drenched, and I loved every minute of it.
3. I took a long nap. Not quite sure how it happened but I fell asleep on the floor in the family room...Whatevs a nap is a nap.
4. The only homework I had tonight was art. I love art, and I'm really improving. I don't know why but suddenly my work is getting more professional. I still have a lot to learn. NOTE: Using art pencils improves your work dramatically. Believe it. For some reason I was using a mechanical pencil for the last 2 years, how dumb am I. Its not that I didn't own art pencils, I just didn't use them. Never again.
5. I just got done playing a card game, Nertz (or Pounce) with a fun group of kids. I usually have tons of fun playing that game cause I usually am on the winning team. Whoever I got put with my lovely friend who is ADD and terrible at the game. It was so frustrating for me to loose, that sounds dumb but I'm very competitive, especially when it comes to card games. It's alright I'm over it haha.
6. I just spent 15 minutes looking through the many pictures from the Pow Wow. I love Bountiful High and I can't wait to come visit.
7. There's a rumor around school that California is supposed to have a 7.7 earthquake tomorrow. I don't know where that started cause they can't even predict earthquakes. It's funny cause whenever someone mentions that I get a little scared but people here just calmly say, "just have water around you'll need it." NBD. not. So this could be goodbye. hahaha who am I kidding probably just some stupid kid who thinks he's really funny started that.
8. I have a working camera. When I have a camera I take it everywhere and take way too many pictures. It's a little sad to think I missed a whole summer, a good summer, without a camera. Oh well ya can't live in the past.
9. A lot of friends texted me today.
10. Tomorrow I have only my easy classes. Score.
(The last two were lame I just wanted to get to 10 haha)
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Do you ever have days where you have so much to do so you just end up doing nothing? Me too. Today was one of those. I am surprisingly more efficient when doing homework if I do it late at night. Not a good thing. Wish me luck tomorrow. It's block day and I have to: possibly run the mile, take a Stats test, write an in class essay plus other hard stuff he wants to give us, and put up with another day of chemistry.
Today was a tri-stake mutual activity. Funny story I think it's about as many kids, probably less, than there would have been if my old stake had held the same activity. After being there I'm again grateful for the ward and stake I am in. I'm very blessed.
I want to go surfing, but that'll have to wait because this weekend is Conference! Yes. I am so excited. Question to self: Why did you never actually attend conference when you lived 15 minutes away? Answer: I like to stay in my pajamas all day and sit on my couch. Lame answer. Alright I'm done talking to myself. I'm going to go sleep on my blow-up mattress cause it is unbearably hot in my un-aircontioned room after 2 days of over 100 degrees.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
That phrase is so dang true. I've been really happy these past couple weeks and most of why I am so happy is that I don't know what I'm missing in Bountiful. I try not to think of it actually. But alas it has come to my attention that this week is Homecoming week for the braves. SUCH a fun week. I have great memories from last year's Homecoming; the parade, Pow wow, red out, DANCE, spirit games, assembly, FOOTBALL game, and mannyy more. It's a party week for sure. I'm not sad yet but I have a feeling come Saturday morning when the pictures are up, when the texts about homecoming start coming I might get a tad bit sad. (Mind you I still want to know and I still want to see pictures, so still post them guys!) It's alright I'm happy for all of you b-town friends, live it up! At least I'll be there for the next BHS dance so I won't be too left out.
I just finished watching the slideshow from trek. Trek was the best thing ever. I'm not lying. If I could do it over I would in a heartbeat. It makes me miss my old stake and all those good kids. It never occurred to me what a strong group of youth we were. Such a blessing to have that! I'm very grateful I got to grow up in Bountiful, because I have a strong foundation and am ready to withstand temptations. Helaman 5:12 is what comes to mind. One of my favorite scriptures and one of the first that I memorized back in 6th grade, still remember it now.
Oh just a side note: It's 105 this week, I hope I don't melt.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Cutest little boys. We HAD to draw Harry Potter scars on our faces before we played Harry Potter on the Wii. I love babysitting these guys, they're hilarious. Get this, I turned on Lenka at their house and the older boy Ty sang along, they're my kinda guys haha. Thursday night babysitting is the best. Plus he payed me in a bunch of 2 dollar bills, I love 2 dollar bills, not sure why but I do.
Tomorrow is the CV v. La Canada football game, big rivalry..wooo! I'm pretty excited you could say.
If you know me you know I love to memorize, mostly cause it's easy for me. As I previously mentioned I memorized the JSH 1:15-20 (First Vision) scripture mastery. I passed it off for my teacher and she was so shocked. She said I'm her only student, ever that has memorized that. hahahah maybe I should tell her I've memorized all 100 and the Living Christ. sorry that was my little bragging moment.
Maddie is happy.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
woah folks are you ready for this? I actually have real pictures, proof that I have friends.Austin, Kenzie, Me, Gemma, Kelly, Madison, Maggie
yay for free blanket night!
Gemma and I.
We love Ethier.
9 friends+Dodger game+all you can eat seats+ funny people= a good time.
Monday, September 20, 2010
I like it when random friends remember about me and send me a text. I like making bracelets for people. I like when we don't have to dress for P.E. even though it's the fourth week of school. I like when my mom has friends here and is gone all day having fun. I like when my math homework is to play sudoku online. I like when I get invited to go to a Dodgers game, all you can eat, free-blanket night. I like jumping in the warm pool. I like surfing and actually getting up a lot!! I like having friends. I like playing pounce (nertz), and winning. I like hanging up pictures in my room. I like drawing in my sketchbook. I like memorizing scriptures (I couldn't fall asleep last night so I memorized JSH 1:15-20, boo ya). I like finishing homework during school. I like realizing it's getting colder in Utah but still sunny here. I like not doing my hair. I like crackers. I like Power90 5 min. abs. I like going out to lunch. I like football games. I like sleeping in till 11:30 on the weekends. I like playing, or singing to the ukulele. I like funny people. I like blasting good music. I like making Kate say funny things. I like early morning seminary(gasp). I like when my Dad has Shakeology ready for me as I leave the house. I like writing blogs like this. It's good to focus on the positive, even if they are small things.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
heyhihello. Today's picture(s) are inspired by two things. Tuesday was a big day for Kate Blake. She finally learned how to say my name!! YAY! It's about time since that's pretty much the only thing I say to her every time I see her, "Kate can you say Maddie?" "Bubba." "NO Maddie. I'm the one who actually babysits you, I'm the one you like, SAY MY NAME." She finally caught on. It's the cutest thing ever, she usually says Addie but today she's saying Daddy...we're working on adding the M, don't worry it'll come. The awkward picture of me in the middle was to show you my shirt. I made that lovely treasure, and although the sewing is pretty pathetic I'm pretty proud of it!
So basically I wish I was Indian, excuse me Native American, realllly badly. I just want a sweet Indian shirt like this sooo badly. I started just wanting a wolf shirt, but the combination of both (like the above) is beauty. There's a possibility I'm coming back to B-town for the halloween dance weekend, and if I do my date and I are being Indians and wearing these sweet shirts, maybe he can get a more manly one. I'm so obsessed that I've even incorporated it into my art project. (P.s. my art teacher is really cool and actually is a teacher unlike Magee at BHS). The assignment was to combine parts from the two kiddy bikes he has in the room and use them to make anything you'd like. I chose a dreamcatcher. :) I'll post a picture of it when I finish, you could say I'm really excited about it.
SPEAKING OF EXCITED!!!! ASDL FKJ
I mentioned I made Concert Choir at LCHS. I love it, it's so cool, we're singing a Native American song actually, with animal sounds and all. That's not what I was going to say though. We (concert choir and chamber choir) are going on a choir trip during Spring Break. guess where we're going, just guess. Ok you'll never guess.
I've never been so excited for something in my life. It's all I can think about 24/7. But I have till March/April! Is that not the coolest thing you've ever heard though!?!? We're going to Venice, Rome and Florence. AHHH:) I just had to share that. I even have someone to room with, yes it's true I have some friends.
Life is good, and is getting even better because tomorrow is FRIDAY. Weekends are sacred to me these days. I get sooo exhausted during the week it's ridiculous. The frustrating thing is that during school I'm beat but when I get home I suddenly get so much energy and just don't know what to do with myself. My body needs to figure things out haha.
Oh gotta go my baby's calling my name. :)
Friday, September 10, 2010
I've decided my blog needs more pictures, and seeing that I still can't find the charger to my camera I'm not really taking any pictures these days. SO I'll just take a photo booth picture everyday that I post and give you a quick update about life in the 91011. ( 9-10-11 easiest zip code ever)
AP Stats. What a glorious relief. It's so simple and I love it. It's allllll calculator work which = good for Maddie. There's a really nice girl I sit by that actually talks to me and answers my questions. It's great! The only problem is I can't remember her name. I feel too bad asking her cause it's already been two days and we talk a lot, so I guess you can say we're friends. Oh well, I'll figure it out one day.
Concert Choir. So much more fun than Women's Ensemble. Most of the people are seniors and juniors and its just better. Maddie Likes.
I've never been so happy for a weekend. My body needs rest, my mind needs rest, and I'm excited to achieve it. I'm also excited to do something more than homework. I'm ready to do something fun tonight. AND I'm ready for the adventures of tomorrow!
Lets refer back to the title. Sara Bareilles new CD is gold. Look it up. I dare you. King of Anything is a good one, but they're all good. Also there's another little guy I like to call Ryan Innes. My friend JB and I were very impressed with him at the He Is We concert. He's much better live but still has a good CD. Give him a try. Tell me what you think.
Yesterday was the first football game at La Canada! I only got to go for about an hour but it was fun. Sooooooooo different from our beloved Bountiful High games. There is no student section, no one wears school attire, but it's still football so you can count on me going to the games.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
AP LANGUAGE BOOK:
Annotate, annotate, annotate. In my past english classes this word was never mentioned. Lucky for me that's practically all I do now in english; annotate an article, make a claim, write a timed essay. It's pushing me which is good but the teacher scares me a lot. This was the assignment today in class:
PROMPT: Pick a position on texting as it relates to technology and/or language in the 21st century. You must use 1. Logic [cause & effect]
2. Historical Allusion [3, from 3 different centuries]
3. 2 successive Rhetorical Questions
That's it, you have ten minutes to argue your position and all 6 things must be present in your paper. GO
WHA?? That was hard for me. Luckily he was "easy on us this time" and we get to take it home and acutally rewrite the pathetic piece we attempted to write in 10 minutes.
Although we won't be so lucky in the future. He says he usually does a couple of these a week. And any term from the glossary is fair game for us to know how to use. Difficult, I think yes. haha
I'm sticking with this class because although I can't do this yet, I want to be able to. So I'm totally scared but kind of excited!
I've gotta pretty good at making sweet friendship bracelets. At La Canada High School every class has a Theme and they get shirts that go along with their theme. The Junior class is "Jammin Juniors" using the jamaican colors. I thought it would be a brilliant idea to make
bracelets in these jamaican colors and sell them to only Juniors. The only problem is they take me forever to make. I'm almost down with 2 so we'll see how this goes!
SWEATSHIRT and BLANKET:
These past two days have been "cold" in California standards. California Cold= no sun, and 65 or lower.
I personally think this rainy weather is lovely and I'm only slightly phased by the "cold". But if you know me you know
I take any chance I can to be wrapped in a blanket and in a huge sweatshirt so naturally I am doing both.
Well my friends. Good day. I feel like I got a lot accomplished today.
#1. Switched OUT of my AP Calculus class and into AP Stats. I couldn't decide if I should make the switch but once my teacher started teaching the material by reading out of the book I was sooo out of there. That is not the way I learn.
#2. Had a quick audition with the choir teacher and was bumped up to Concert Choir! YAY. Now I'll be in a class with boys and girls my age.
#3. Showed my art teacher some of my sketches and was switched into Advanced Art 2! Go team.
Besides the tons and tons of homework, things are looking good.
Things to look forward to this weekend:
Thursday: Football Game
Friday: Assembly. watching Percy Jackson with Eliza and Morgan, and possibly the witch house
Saturday: SPENCER AND KATE COME HOME. yay yay yay yay yay. Act practice test...not so yay. Party that night...we'll see how that goes.
I'm sure you were all very interested in that little agenda. Well that is all for now.
Friday, September 3, 2010
The good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Having Eliza, Morgan, Maren, Kylie and Brit to eat lunch with.
- Having Ali at the school with me so we aren't both awkwardly walking by ourselves
-Being invited to go to lunch with Kenzie and friends
- Getting to sing 2nd soprano in choir
- Two nice girls in english who actually care to talk to me
- Art teacher is excellent
-We got breakfast at seminary today
- It's a long weekend
-Christopher who talks to me in calc
- 2 cute guys in my American History class
- We don't have to dress in PE till thursday. (it's PE here not gym...just to clear that up)
-I haven't gotten lost yet
- Fun mutual swim party on wed.
- AP Calc. I just can't decide whether I should stick with it or not.
- Being one of the only 2 juniors in calc, therefore spending the entire period alone with your teacher while the seniors are at an assembly. awkward...
-Walking through the hall silently, no one to say hello to
-Mr. V. scary english teacher who is going to push me this year, good and bad i guess
-Already falling asleep while doing at homework at 8:30
-Being ready for school and seminary when walking out the door at 5:45
- Walking into the junior class assembly and sitting by myself
-Realizing it's only the 1st week of school
Obviously there are a lot more good that out weigh the bad. It's only the 1st week of school, it could have been A LOT worse. Life is still good.
This is really intriguing to me. What does it say to you? It's all how you look at it.
For me, Opportunity is now here. I've gotta take it and run with it.