Saturday, January 22, 2011

simply satisfied

Somethings just hit me. One of my favorite things to do is to drive anywhere with the window down, my music up, alone and with the sun on my face. So I was running to the store to get some stuff for smores tonight (I'm going down to the beach in a minute with my friends for a bonfire) and I was doing just this. My ipod was on shuffle and suddenly THIS song came on. It brought back a flood of memories of when I would do the exact same thing (windows down and driving) back in Bountiful. It was during the spring which was one of the most fun times of my life. I was constantly with friends last spring. From soccer games, to baseball games, to jazz games, to the boulevard, playing gotcha or going to Orange leaf, just good, good times. I was obsessed with this song and every time I heard it I couldn't help but feel good. It was weird because as I was listening to this song I felt the same way I did in Bountiful. I'm just so happy. And it's weird because it's so different here. I'm not really going to any of the high school games, I don't have 20 best girl friends and tons of sharp guys to hang out with but it's ok. I miss utah a lot but it's ok. I'm really happy with my life right now. It's surprising but I am. My room is smaller, Spencer is gone, I have less friends, few people at the high school really know me but I don't really care. Life is good and I've still got close friends, family, and the gospel.

I went to a funeral today for a new friend of mine's mother. This was on the program and I really like it:

1 comment:

Spencer Blake said...

oh hey no worries just headin to the beach for a bonfire... don't mind me freezing in utah