Monday, January 3, 2011

It's about time

I've just been doing lists and pictures lately and it's about time for a good post. So I'll do my best.

*NOTE: What I am about to say in NO WAY means I don't miss my friends in Utah, I still miss yall but I am finally happy here as well.

Friend often ask, "How's California." Just because I'm kinda lame I often just give this answer, "It's so great! Life is good." Then when my mom hears this she often says, "Maddie you paint such a pathetic picture for yourself." And dang it she's right. There is so much more I could be sharing about my life here in California. Not just pictures, or the school's hard, friends are good, it's warm stuff.

I REALLY AM LOVING LIFE. Practically everything about it. I had such a good break and not because anything extra special happened I just enjoyed it. I was with friends every single day. I'll give ya some highlights and a look into the mysterious life of Madison Noelle Blake. We'll do a couple of these starting with my friends.

Meet my crew.
the crew - Slimber.com: Drawing and Painting Online
(did you push play that's the fun part?)

from left to right: (I realize Ali did this similar thing but I wanted to give my take on it)
SCOTT: Senior. Nice kid, nice kid. Always has something up his sleeve that we can do. We're in Concert Choir together and we sang Baby It's Cold Outside with him at the winter choir concert, we rocked it haha. It will be coming soon so stay tuned.
SAM: Junior. Hilarious, simply hilarious. Writes really good music, is a wizard at the guitar and has a great voice. Has burned me a total of 7 CDs and I love them. He recently helped me babysit, how kind of him. Just a solid kid.
BRENT: Senior. Also very, very funny and talented. Also writes music, plays the guitar and has a great voice. Has a sweet car that Ali and I love, and he's the one that usually drives, which is very nice of him. He's also artsy, his favorite animals are also wolves, and he burned me a sweet CD.
ME:Junior. The one who usually just listens and laughs hard.
ALI: Freshman. My BFF. We're always together. Go team.
ELIZA: Sophomore. Love this girl. She's crazy, talkative and always up for an adventure. She is apparently really good at jump roping. Isn't that sweet? I'm planning on watching her soon. She also is a really good writer. And she too loves Georgee's BBQ pizza, thank goodness.
CHELSEY: Senior. She's a beautiful songie at LCHS (dance team). She is also an incredible artist and hopefully one day she'll teach me her skills. She's pretty funny and spazzy. She's seriously the nicest person I know, always the one to include others and she's got my back. LOVE her.
JACOB: Senior. FUNNY and very witty. So very nice to Ali and me. I just love hanging out with him he's always looking out for Ali and me. writer and actor. Saw him in the school play Rumors earlier this year and he stole the show, he was hilarious and I was crying I was laughing so hard.

So there ya have it. On any weekend night I'm usually with these kids. Sometimes the groups bigger, sometimes smaller. Even though there really isn't much to do in La Canada we always end up doing something random and fun. Whether sliding down the wet golf course, taking a trip to Amoeba, going to a movie, chillin at the high school, big lots, going to the witch house or the dam, jamming, or pounce. I really have so much fun with these kids. I am usually laughing allll night. Real laughing, sincerely laughing. They're good kids and I'm lucky they're my friends. It's very different from Utah because there were always TONS of kids that I would or could hang out with any night, and I guess there is here too but I just like being with smaller groups lately.

Incase you want to read even more...

*Lately I just have an urge to fight more. Sadly Kenzie Anderson (one of my BFFs, we drive to school together, have the lovely zero period PE together, hang out after school and at all church events but just not as often on the weekends, she's hilarious though) is the usual victim of this. I always just want to punch her and usually do. Not too hard don't worry, just play fighting huh kenz? I know I can't hit Ali cause come on Ali's a little bit weak and would definitely just run and tell mom. The best is when Spencer comes home. We'll both randomly just start fighting each other. It started out as a joke because I kept saying that since he is at school I'm the oldest and in charge at home but he claims he always has that spot. Anyway we punch hard. I have real proof of that this time. I have about 8 big bruises on both of my legs from him punching me. pretty funny. I'm going to miss him It's been so fun having him home. He's the only one that laughs at me when I get a little spazzy.

*I've decided I like having people at my house, but not if I invite them. If they ask to come over or we have no where else to go sure what the heck lets chill at my house. But if I invite people over for lets say a birthday party I don't like it one bit. I feel like I have to keep everyone entertained and that they are always bored no matter what. But if it is there idea to come over it means they don't really care what we do and that is what happened about 5 times over the break. We'd just stop by my house to meet up with people, paint, fill in song titles, or even look through our yearbooks. Good times.

4 comments:

JuneyB said...

I miss you. I really am glad you have friends though... but still. It's rough to hear i'm replaced... JKKKKK JOKE. LOVE YOU. skype.

Joanne said...

Thank you for that in-depth report of your happy and challenging life. I worried about you guys at first but as usual you are doing your best and people are drawn to that kind of person. Love and miss you, Maddie, but so happy that YOU ARE HAPPY! Grandma Farley

Laur said...

So happy you're happy!

Brooke Shoko said...

You are great. I loved that picture thing. Whatever that was. :)