Friday, March 18, 2011

it dawned on me

Sometimes you just need your mom. Sometimes you feel like a week plus without your rents will be a party. Sometimes it is. But sometimes it gets old rather quickly. Sometimes the week your mom decides to leave you is a week when you really need her. A week when there is some slight drama, very stressful homework, exhaustion, crying, field trip forms due and AP money due. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE having my Grandma and Valerie here. 1. They're hilarious and I love talking to them. 2. They make lovely food and keep the gummy worms and cuties in stock. 3. They're watching after us yet letting us keep our freedom. It's really been great. But sometimes you miss your family, and just wanna complain to your mom, squeeze your baby, joke around with syd and hug your dad.
Why do I get so excited about art supplies? I don't know either. That and office supplies can always make me happy. Even though school's hard things are getting better. I'm being more creative with my in class essays, I'm getting A's finally on my Stats tests, our choir is ready for the concert next week and Italy in 12 days, I'm starting a new project in art, a friend switched into my chemistry class, and i'm getting a lot of sleeping time in history...but that's not a good thing.
One more thing, I log onto facebook and see Spencer's status that informs me that he only has 2 months exactly from today till he leaves. I don't like that. But I do. AH. I'm gonna die when he leaves just watch.

LIFE IS GOOD, and Maddie is happy.

p.s. Happy Birthday Jane my best friend. I miss you. If I were there I would make you cookies and give you a lovely present and say happy birthday way too many times, and we'd go for a drive. Just imagine that, it's almost as good as it happening. Love you

1 comment:

Erin Blake said...

You just remember how much you need and love me Maddie. Never forget this feeling. Ever.