Sunday, August 29, 2010

the sky looks pissed

The title is a line from a song by Ingrid Michaelson and every time I hear it I think it's such an odd way to talk about the weather. The weather was taunting me yesterday. I woke up to dark skies and it just felt like it should rain. But it doesn't rain often here so of course today was no exception. I want a storm. A huge thunder AND lightning storm! Those are my favorite. That was one of my favorite things about going back to Utah this summer. It was deathly hot during the day, perfect for boating and swimming. But at night it was break into sweet thunderstorms and my friends and I would sit on the Boulevard, drenched, and watch the lightning.

I babysat the cutest kids last night. They were just fun to be with, minded me for the most part, and were gorgeous little kids. We played Just Dance, Hide-n-go seek, guess the animal and watched How to Eat Fried Worms. As I was trying to get the two little boys, Ty and Jack, to bed this little convo occured:

Jack: "Can't you just live here?"
Me: "What do you mean? As your sister"
Ty and Jack: "Yeah that would be way fun!"
Ty: "Well you are our sister, our Heavenly sister." smart boy right there.
Loved it, made my night.

I finally have a schedule. What a relief. I'll be gone everyday from 5:55 to 2:30, crazy huh! Oh well I'm pretty excited for school. I actually, for once in my life, am excited to go back for the work. I want to learn and I want homework. I want to actually study hard this year, maybe stop procrastinating. haha nah that was pushin it. Anyway I'll give you an update on how school went on Tuesday!

No comments: