Monday, August 23, 2010

how was school?

Today was the first day of school back at good BHS. I felt like a mom cause I think I asked every single one of my friends how it went. Berkeley called me and gave me the details of every class, how annoying the sophomores were, how the new seniors felt too cool and how it was just fun to be back. She said in her english class the teacher was calling role and she called my name and my friends told her I wasn't going to be coming. I've talked to excited new sophomores and juniors prepping up for the hard year ahead. I love that school and i'm glad people are keeping me updated. Yeah it's sad but i'm moving on, La Canada is my new school and i'm going to have a grand time there.

Today were also volleyball try outs for me. hahaha wow where to start. 1) I haven't played volleyball since 9th grade, although i didn't do bad there. 2) This week is conditioning and sadly I'm very out of shape. I am surprised I survived today and am dreading going back tomorrow. I honestly don't think I'll make the team but I don't want to be a quitter. I'll let ya know if I make it through tomorrow's practice. haha so embarrassing.

anywayy we decided we were going to take a family picture before spencer left for college..tomorrow :(. We had decided to do it in Huntington Beach while we were there over the weekend but of course that didn't happen. Then we planned to do it on Sunday. Good guess didn't happen. I was surprised when i found out we were doing it tonight at Descanso Gardens or something like that. Things like this never end up how we want them. We get there and they're closed. We decide we'll just have to take it at our church which is actually very pretty. We get all situated when just to our luck our camera dies. too funny. we ended up charging it in the car for 5 minutes and snapping a couple quick pictures. They didn't end up that bad! i'll post them later for your enjoyment.

one last thing. If you haven't read HUNGER GAMES. you must. I'm not a reader but I just love these books. The first part of the book isn't super great but once you get past the first 3rd you won't be able to put it down, I garuntee it. Like I said I hate reading but I read this book in one day and stayed up till 3 reading it! The second book in the series, Catching Fire is just as good and just as hard to put down. The third book Mockingjay comes out tomorrow and i couldn't be happier. I'm re-reading the 2nd book right now and even though I already know what's going to happen I can't stop reading it.

well gotta go take a picture with spence since he's leaving me tomorrow. boo

No comments: