Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Little boys and paint

Today was super! I find myself saying super way too much because it means the same thing in Tamil as it does in English so we always say it to the kids. I had tutoring again today which was fun. I love eating lunch with the kids. I love walking into the dining hall and having lots of little boys come and ask me to sit with them, they make me feel very loved. I kind of always sit with my house though because I've gotten to know these cute boys so well! I got to read with Jeeva today as my last student of the day. He is absolutely adorable. The book we read was about a girl named Maddie which was very exciting for both of us. Another girl in my group got a very cute picture of us that'll post later, she's currently de-liceing her room. During recess today a little boy ran over holding a dead mouse by it's tail and threw it another girl. It was so gross I was dying. I tried to get the kids to stay away from the mouse and finally one of the boys covered it with dirt. Ew. TII (This is India). I made a breakthrough today with one of my favorite little boys. His name is Gopi and I just adore him but he usually doesn't care enough to let you hold him or take pictures of him but today as we walked back from lunch he insisting on holding my hand and pressed his little cheek against my arm as we walked to the school. It was just the best thing ever.

Today was Arts and Crafts day which was so fun and extremely chaotic. The kids went so crazy. The younger kids started out finger painting, which I'm not sure if they've done before. They were a little hesitant at first but it ended with paint everywhere. All over faces and clothes and basically we had to hose down most of the kids, but they loved it so much and it was so cute to watch.






Meanwhile in our little Parakeet room we've been having some great boy chats. I've forgotten how nice it is to have girl friends. It makes me even more sad to leave knowing I won't see these girls everyday, but even more excited for college!

1 comment:

Erin Blake said...

yes! you have some girlfriends. How did the art buying go?