Thursday, June 23, 2011

Full Speed Ahead

SUMMER 2011 baby. It's already been great, and I'm already getting a little worn out.  
Graduation was lovely. I love the football field ceremony + the colleges on the caps. 
                                                       Jacob-BYU
                                                       Brent- BYU
                                                          seniors woo
                                          brennan- University of Victoria Canada
Saturday I went to Make Music Pasadena. Basically bands were playing all over Pasadena and it was all free. The Indie Rock Stage was the most popular and I saw The Morning Benders and Ra Ra Riot. 1. I LOVE live music. I can't go to enough concerts. 2. There were sooo many trendy/hip people there. It was crazy. Utah wouldn't have known what hit them. We also went to a World Music Stage and listened to a cool Brazilian group and a Jazz Stage. 
Jenna Me Rachel
                    The bassist was rad
Monday Ali and I took a quick trip to the Americana and I got a new moleskine Sketchbook. YES. I'm so excited to fill it up this summer. Then we swam of course.
Tuesday we took the beach bus down to Santa Monica Pier with a bunch of girls. It was way way fun. I got my nap in the beach, in the sand, AND a photobooth picture, AND a panini AND a bad sunburn on my legs.
Wednesday we got a big group (the beach group plus more) and went to Sunthrift. It's the biggest thrift store I've ever seen. Kinda overwhelming at first but we all got some sweet things. Including a children's book from 1969 with sweet pictures that I can't wait to use. (Jane you'd love it) 

Basically I'm trying to take advantage of the fact that I have nothing to do this summer and so I'm trying to jampack it with fun adventures. Week one has been a success but there's more items to be accomplished including building a tree house, painting shoes, picnik at Descanso Gardens, Venice.....the list goes on. Stay tuned

1 comment:

Lauren said...

OOOOHHH Summer as high school student. Nothing better. Soak it up girl. I bet it's even better in So Cal