Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ballad of Bird Love- Blitzen Trapper. (look it up)

This was the beginning of my very great weekend. Brent, Sam, Ali and I walked around Old Town, Pasadena on thursday before our family headed down to Las Vegas for my mother's gig. Great pictures yes?

Thursday-Saturday morning we were in Vegas. We avoided the strip completely which I was happy about. My mom's gig went very well. The mascot of the high school they played at was a wolf so they had wolves painted all over the school, it was rad. The band was really good and I loved watching mom have so much fun.

Saturday afternoon-Monday afternoon was the ward camp out in Carpinteria, CA. Our family rented an RV which was such a good thing because it was rainy and really cold friday night. The weekend consisted of ipod star, card games, church(the addition of our ward pretty much doubled the size of the ward up there), playing on the beach, late night grocery store runs, talking in the RV/cars, fire pits, testimony meeting, guitars and ukes, raccoons, and fun people. It was absolutely lovely. It is still so cool to me that I now live so close to the beach. Our camp ground was right on the beach and it was beautiful. Check this out:
photo credits: Sam Blasucci

Back to reality. I've got a stats test tomorrow, and a 5 page essay from Orwell to annotate and prepare for an essay tomorrow. This weekend is missionary weekend, aka splits with the missionaries. I'm excited.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Maddie, good luck with the Orwell annotation. This grandma doesn't even know what that means!

Sounds like much fun this weekend. Hope you took lots of pictures of Mom's gig and the campout.

What is your background picture on your blog. Your mom said Eiffel Tower but you and I know that isn't it. In fact, I think there is a cross on the top of it.

Kelly said...

I can't believe your ward campout was on the BEACH. Whoa. I guess that makes up for the whole California fires/earthquakes/mudslides thing :) Are you getting so excited for ITALY???