Monday, June 14, 2010

its uphill from here



Alright folks, here it is, the last week left in my hometown Bountiful, Utah. What a weird thing to say. I went to EFY last week with my two best friends Camrie and Jane. It was so fun, amazing, wonderful, comforting etc. I haven't felt the spirit that strong in my life for a long time. I feel like since I've been struggling with the move I ended up getting more out of this week of EFY then any of my other times. Last week was hard, I cried quite a bit. Thursday, the spiritual day, was very cool. I bawled from the medley, all through testimony meeting, to when i went to bed. Thank goodness for good friends that's all I can say. As we were arriving to our dorms some dumb girl started singing 'till we meet again'. That made me cry again, not because I was sad EFY was almost over, it's because it's from then on I would be saying goodbye to so much. I ran into our dorms and straight into Camrie and Jane's room. I'm glad I have friends that can cry with me and comfort me. Don't get me wrong not all of EFY was like that at all it was such a fun week! :)

Camrie, Jane and I best friends since 3rd grade
I'm not really sad anymore. Today for the first time I'm not sad about the move. I'm getting kind of excited. I'm excited to meet new people, have new things to do. I'm excited to start a new adventure. I'm excited to have a new house to decorate and organize. I'm excited to explore a new town, have a new ward, and a new school. It's weird. I bet it won't last long, I bet i'll start crying tonight when we have the little "goodbye open house" thing. But for now it feels good. I know my Heavenly Father wants me in California, and I'm excited to find out why. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of our lives, it isn't always what we want, but it's always what we need. I know He'll take care of me in La Canada, California and I'm grateful to finally have peace about this move.

4 comments:

Laur said...

Madd Madd, this was a beautiful post. Chatting with you today I could tell you weren't so sad, more excited. :) I love you for that and the example you are to me. Oh how I love and adore you. Forever.

grace. said...

maddie! ugh i can't believe you're leaving. we will miss you!!!

P.S. how do you know jus smedley..?

Madison Noelle said...

I love you too Lala :) haha grace i don't know him bradley dyer suggested us as friends and i commented on his status as a joke :)

grace. said...

hahaha oh thats great. okay i just thought of why you're so lucky to be moving to cali. you get in-state tuition to all the cool california schools! i'm jelous...