Monday, May 16, 2011

My other half

A lot of things have changed since we moved here to the lovely LC. Some really good changes some sad but I'm so thankful for a huge change I've had involving the newly 15 year old Allison Paige. When we lived in Utah Ali and I were never that close, it was usually Spencer and me who did things together and had the inside jokes. Ali and I usually had pretty short patience with each other especially about having to pick her up all the time or stealing each others clothes. My Mom would always tell us, just wait one day you girls will all be good friends like Kelly Misty and I are, we always had the same response, "yeah sure we get it mom." BUT. How the turn tables. Ali is now by my best friend. She truly is, some of you may be skeptical claiming of course, family is always the best friend, but no. Literally she is my best friend.We stick together. I've often said that Utah and California feel like two different lives to me. Ali's the only one that gets them both. She knows how it was, how I was, and how it is now. We sing together, we laugh at and with each other (we think we're hilarious), we make stupid music videos together, we hang out together, we go to lunch together, we live in the second house together, we share friends, we share clothes, we tell each other everything, we get mad at each other but usually not for long, we cry together. I think I'm more myself around her than anyone else. I'm REALLY glad that high school is 9-12 in California cause I can't imagine what this year would have been like without her. She's my safety net we always have each other to lean on. Basically she's fantastic. She's pretty, funny, spazzy, kind, strong, loving, sincere, passionate and smart.


I love you Little One. I'm so excited we still have a whole year of high school left ahead of us. I look up to you a lot, you're so beautiful and brave. Hang in there. Blake girls yeah!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Seriously, you just made me cry. I love you both!! Please help my girls love each other now, cause they kinda don't yet. Happy B'day, Ali B!!

Joanne said...

What a joy to hear this report on two of my favorite people in the world. And it has to make your folks' and Ali's day to hear of your love et al. Thanks, Maddie, for blogging again. I check all the Blakes' blogs three or more times a day. See how much of my time has been wasted? Love you all and so excited that four of the Blakes will be here tomorrow. G'Ma

Allison Paige Blake said...

oh well ok then. i mean like that kinda made my life. you are the b.e.s.t. best. no but really i love you. a whole lot.

aw shucks.

love, you badday.