Tuesday, September 13, 2011

it was not in vain

A day off of school in the middle of the week is actually quite refreshing. It's like having an extra-mini weekend.
Quick So SO-CAL for Jane:
*This is probably a very big stereotype but I've noticed that practically none of my friends type using the "home row" that we was drilled into our heads in elementary. It's weird! They type with only a few fingers! blows my mind. (don't be offended California readers you might be an exception..)
*Seniors here spend their first semester stressed with TONS of college applications. Not just the Utah State, possible BYU, U of U or SUU apps. They apply to everywhere! I've never even heard of half the colleges and universities. I knew seniors last year who applied to 25+ schools. AH. It is pretty cool though because they really are all over the United States. (and Canada :)) Makes me want to apply to at least one other school then BYU just for fun. I'm thinking Pratt Institute in NYC?
*Our mutual activity this week is Stake Young Women's Surf-day. hahaha YES. So SoCal

I'm slightly jealous of my friend Camille right now. Not just because she's at college, but because she's in a foreign film club at college. She told me to watch Sophia Scholl. It's about a girl and her brother Hans in Nazi Germany and how they try to spread anti-Nazi literature. Basically it's just inspiring. I actually cried and I literally NEVER cry in movies, not even Charlie, didn't actually break a tear in The Help although I was close. That's a really great movie as well. It was really interesting watching this movie (Sophia Scholl) because I realized how much I'm growing up. I remember walking into my mom's room as a tween seeing that the movie was in a different language and had subtitles and rolling my eyes and walking out. Yet I sat through a whole foreign film, on my own and loved it. woohoo

I've also, thanks to my friend Sam, got hooked on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. If you don't watch it already I suggest adding that to your TVO list.

My friend Kenzie and I found this little cupcake shop in South Pasadena called My Sweet Cupcakes. We went there for our second time today and they have delicious cupcakes. They have unique flavors so we always end up buying a couple and sharing them all. Today we tried their Plantain Avocado one. I was a little hesitant but they said they won cupcake wars with it so I gave it a shot and it was surprisingly good. So if anyone wants to come on out here we can take a trip to this cupcake shop and the tons of other places I want to show you guys. please come visit me haha

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I've been craving me some California