Monday, July 18, 2011

Give Me This Mountain

Yes this was my second trek and no I wasn't that excited to go. But I'm glad I did. It was completely different than our Utah trek. The handcarts were heavier and the paths were not nice and straight it was a lot harder. But it was still fun. I was missing Spence a lot on this trek but thank goodness I had Ali there-honestly I would die without her. Something hit me when I was on this trek. When we found out we were moving I prayed SO hard that I could just have one good friend. One girl that understood me and that had my same standards that I could be best friends with. I was blessed with many friends but I just realized I had a more specific answer to my prayers. Ali is definitely that one friend. Others come and go, are fun at times and frustrating at others but Ali's solid. Anyway, back to trek. There was a hoedown which was lovely, embroidery, women's pull, testimony hill (straight up for 1/2 mile...it was reaaalllly hard but the watermelon at the top made it worth it), woodchopping, archery, gun shooting, visits from Porter Rockwell, good punch, and hole in the rock. It was good and I learned a lot and this time I actually felt a very strong appreciation for our pioneers. They're warriors. 
                                            classic sam. BFFS
                  I love Camille. Seriously she saved me this trek, can't wait for girls camp!
                                  Clara, Morgan, Kierstan, Kenzie, Eliza, Me
                                     Chad baby, love this boy
                              Elliot's a stud, we're going to be hanging out more
                      The boys had to carry all of the girls across the "Sweet Water River" But this is Sam carrying Chris Skaggs across haha
                     This guy was sweet, a real mountain man indeed
                                       Egyptian Rat Slap, we're addicted
                  I love my Ma. Seriously she's hilarious and just the best. Thanks Sister Grigg!
   My brother and one of my best friends Porter. They made him "die" one of the days and I actually cried. I love this kid, he reminds me so much of Spencer. Every night he would yell "BADDAYY" from the other side of camp, made me happy. Oh and he carried our whole cart, he's an ox.

We got home at 10pm Saturday night and a group of us were at the La Canada theaters at 10:10 to see Harry Potter 7 part 2. Not even time to shower, we're dedicated. It was GOOD. Ali and I have made a goal to take one photo booth picture a week this summer no matter where we are. We've done it so far but we were worried about being at trek and missing a week. However the movie theater had one so we got really excited and ran over to it with Camille. But because it was 12:35 and they were trying to get everyone out of the theatre it was off. But that didn't stop us, Camille plugged it back in and we rebooted it and quickly took our pictures and ran. It was hilarious, I don't know how we didn't get caught. It was a great weekend to say the least.

1 comment:

Allison Paige Blake said...

I love you too sister!! That picture with chad= one eye open. hahahahahaha