Monday, March 12, 2012

Roadtrippin it

Conversation that occurred this morning.
Ali: "Maddie get up we're late for seminary!"
Me:"I think I'm going to sleep through I need to shower anyway."
Ali "Maddie get up we're late for school!"
Me: "Oh darn, just leave me I'll come late to Geology (1st period)."
Me: Wake up at 11 AM. Definitely not going to school hahah.
Why was I so tired?? Cause I just had the best weekend eeevvveer aka the Chamber Tour up the coast to San Fran. I'll give you a few highlights:
*bus rides singing sitting next to Austin singing at the top of his lungs (^Austin)
*my many talks with my friend Brandon about our religions and our little siblings. He's 13 years apart from his little brother and we just talked about how cute it is to have someone so little running around the house and how badly we want to be close with them when we're older.
*waking up at 6 to watch the sunrise on the beach which turned out to be watching the moon (I was obsessed with the moon this week, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen) reflect onto the ocean and the sky turn pink. (the sun rose on the other side of our hotel ahah ah well.)
*Cindy's Polaroid camera, I need one. I really do.
*Walking around Carmel, so quaint. I got a pear shaped candle to add to my collection.
*Singing in the Mission in Monterey, there is always a unique spirit when we sing in a church, no matter what the religion.
*Lunch on the pier in Monterey with the view of the bay the mass of sea lions grunting and the cutest little sea otter that couldn't stop clapping his little paws together. Possibly my new favorite animal.
*Singing at the Church in the Forest. The wall behind the alter was all glass that looked into the forest, It was beautiful.
*Nailing our songs at the San Jose Festival and the clinician not really having anything to say but "That was superb, some college choirs would love to sound like that."That was really exciting.
*Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge with the choir.
*Staying up way too late going from room to room, playing cards, having dance parties or jamming.
*Ghiradelli Square and Union Square
*Dinner Cruise around the bay. Seriously the highlight. We all dressed up, had dinner then spent the whole night dancing. So fun. of course we ran up to the top deck for when we passed under the Bridge. (no one has posted the cute picture yet so you get the spazzy one.)

I know I'm leaving stuff out but basically it was a really great weekend and I am so lucky to be in this choir!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh! What fun! My senior choir trip was to San Francisco and this little trip you took is sounding awful familiar. Maddie, you are BEAUTIFUL. I'm loving your hair and can't wait for you to get down to Provo!