Monday, March 12, 2012

Life according to everyone else's Iphone photos

 Missionary Weekend. So, SO awesome. All of the juniors and seniors in the stake have a 24 hr. mission. I got sent to Torrence, which is kind a little sketchy. I was paired up with Sister Malani from Fiji. She was so  amazing. Since she wasn't the driving companion we got to ride bikes all day. Riding bikes in a skirt on a windy day is HARD. Anyway we ended stopping on the street and trying to give a mormon.org card to just about everyone we could see. We ended up finding two new investigators! It got me all pumped about missionary work, I especially felt a cool connection this year knowing Spencer was doing the exact same thing.
 I suggested to my ward here that we do a Road Rally like we did In Bountiful. I was with all my best friends and it was so much fun. Bottom right picture is Brother Frame our advisor, he couldn't figure out why the iPhone camera was always facing him, it was hilarious.
 It's the art show at LCHS! Woo. All of the art portfolio students, which is the highest class, get their own panel. It's pretty exciting, that's my panel above. It's so incredible the art talent we have at my school, kind of intimidating but cool.
Almost a month ago we had our big Y&G weekend up in Sacramento. It was such a cool experience. It's insane that 2,500+ California students are so excited about government. It was so fun to meet new people, and get to know those around you even better. It's hard to explain but it was awesome. AND I found out I got into BYU while I was there!! (top left picture) So relieved. I can't wait to get up there.
Instead of going to Backwards we got a group together and decided to go to Six Flags. I was terrified, the biggest roller coaster I had been on was Collusus haha. It was such a fun day. The rides were so crazy. I felt like I was going to die the whole time and ended up in tears from laughing so hard on every ride. Funny story I was walking with my friend Sam and we spotted two girls and I said, "bet you $20 they're mormon."Their flowers in hair, bermuda shorts and cap sleeves totally gave it away. We ended up right behind them in the next line and Sam and I started talking very loudly about anything uniquely mormon we could, like mentioning General Conference, and mutual and you name it. They kept turning around and finally we asked if they were mormon and sure enough they were. So funny.

Life is good, Maddie is happy.

2 comments:

mechale.lauren said...

hey, sweet art display. i might just love it... also, i miss you and i love reading your blog.

Brooke Shoko said...

congrats on getting in!!!!